Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fresh ideas

Here I am, posting to no one specific. I will not be revealing who I am as this will be my diary. All my thoughts will be uncut, unedited and most importantly, not held back in any way. See, I do not share all my inner most thoughts with my friends and family. I just do not feel comfortable doing it. I am a very private person. However, I think it would be good to write my thoughts down somewhere. Maybe in the future, I will be able to look back and see how far I've come.

What brings me here? Why, love of course. The same thing that drives many people to do things they wouldn't normally do. So, what is going on in my love life? This could take awhile...

I have been with the same guy for 4.5 years. Actually, the 0.5 will be in exactly 2 weeks..but close enough. Should I really start at the beginning? We have known each other since middle school. He went to my high school in 9th grade, but a new high school was built in the area and he went to another high school for the rest of the years. We met up again while I was in my last year of professional school and he had already graduated college. We had common friends. It was the perfect way to meet.

Flash forward, I am working. He had went back to school and is now working as well. Lots of drama in between, but we are better now. In fact, we are in a great place. So here we come at a point in our relationship where one asks, what now? Do we want to take the next step? People don't remain girlfriend and boyfriend forever. It was exciting to have a boyfriend in high school. Now we are grown-ups and we lead grown-up lives.

Now that you are up to date...

So we are going on a trip to California in a few days. He had asked me my ring size a couple weeks ago...then made some comments on my current rings paying attention to where I wear them. Not on the finger where the engagement/wedding band goes, I assured him. So what does this mean? Is Cali the place it will happen? I have no idea. I was supposed to have met his whole family before we got engaged. That has certainly not happened yet. To complicate things, he is applying to grad school and we learned he has been offered an interview for a school that starts in May.  This school is 5 hrs away from where I currently live. Oh dear. Yes, our plentiful time together may be short if he gets in. So many things going on, so many factors. My head is spinning.


What is going to happen? Well, something is going to happen. Engaged or not? He moves away or not?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment